1. Embrace this year’s multiple themes on publishing, gaming and interiors by attending our three live activations. Go to entrance N1 for Beyond the Book, N4 for The Arcade and N5 for Heritage x Interiors.
2. Uncover the vast potential of publishing licensing by taking a visit to Beyond the Book on stand D120 featuring over 15 successful product ranges from Beano, PJ Masks, Guess How Much I Love You, Ladybird, Barbapapa, Mr Men & Little Miss, Tara Duncan, Elmer the Elephant, Horrible Histories, Moomin, Miffy, Paddington, Thomas & Friends, The World of David Walliams, Beast Quest, The Gruffalo & Bing
3. With more places to eat, drink and sit down than ever before, grab a map and get your bearings as soon as you arrive. Visit the Character & Entertainment Bar on stand D200, the Van Gogh Museum Bar on stand D400, the Interiors Café on stand F462 or the BLE Café on stands B101 and B120. You can also find loads of seating across the back row of the show from stands F121 to F401.
4. Discover the vast array of opportunities in gaming and esports licensing with our live and interactive activation, The Arcade, on stand D280 brought to you by PowerStation Studios.
5. Find out how toy licensing can recover its sparkle with our expert panel featuring NBC Universal, Viacom Nickelodeon CP, V-Tech Electronics, Moose Toys and The Entertainer – License Global Theatre from 12.30-1pm on Tuesday 1st October
6. Take a walk to Heritage x Interiors activation on stand F460 for inspiration on how to take your brand into the luxury and interiors market with room sets from the V&A, Style Library, Van Gogh Museum and the Natural History Museum.
7. Get a sneak peak of next year’s BLE theme by visiting Fresh off the Runway in each of our 5 visitor entrances – N1, N2, N3, N4 & N5
8. Make sure you attend LIMA’s very popular “intro to licensing” sessions at 9.30am on day one and day three in the Licensing Global Theatre
9. Be in prime position for Europe’s biggest character parade taking place TWICE this year at 11am on day one and 10.30am on day two – rumour has it you may see close to 100 characters over the two days!
10. Take your seat for the first BLE keynote on Wednesday 2nd October at 12pm in the License Global Theatre. Featuring the best of British animation including Mikael Shields from Acamar Films, Michael Rose from Magic Light Pictures, Oli Hyatt from blue-zoo productions, Allison Watkins from Coolabi and Sean Clarke from Aardman Animations.
11. Grab a seat in the License Global Lounge on stand E200 to meet the team, read your copy of the Official Show Dailies and check out the ‘License Global Edit’ offering you an exclusive first glimpse of next year’s BLE theme
12. Visit Beyond the Book on stand D120 at 10am on Tuesday for live drawing with Adam Hargreaves of Mr Men & Little Miss fame – then pop over to the Sanrio stand on B141 to discover more
13. Make sure you take a selfie with our wonderful characters as you get off the train at Custom House DLR station…there are plenty of them to welcome you to this year’s BLE!
14. Need help navigating ExCeL and our new layout? Pick up a z-card at each of the show entrances, speak to a BLE team member or visit the Information Desk outside the N5 visitor entrance.
15. Check out License This! 2018 winners, “Oddcats!” by Zara Picken on stand B466 and “Animals” by Sarah Burman Designs on stand B465
16. Go through ExCeL visitor entrances N4 & N5 to visit this year’s Brands & Lifestyle Zone and Art, Design & Image Zones with more brands on display than ever!
17. Visit Beyond the Book on stand D120 at 2pm on Tuesday for a Q&A with Terry Deary, author of Horrible Histories
18. Visit The Arcade on stand D280 at 3pm on Tuesday & Wednesday and 2pm on Thursday for exclusive tours of this live and interactive gaming & eSports activation delivered by PowerStation Studios
19. Hear our exclusive second keynote from on the eSports phenomenon at 11.45 on Thursday featuring Difuzed, GAME & more in the License Global Theatre
20. Dust off your trainers and enter the astro-turfed Sports Zone next to the License Global Theatre featuring the biggest line-up of sports exhibitors ever including first-timers Inter Milan, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, Federacao Portuguesa de Futebol, Olympique de Marseille and Rugby Australia.
21. Grab a drink and something to eat in the Van Gogh Museum Bar on stand D400 and experience a heritage brand truly come to life before your eyes
22. Visit our biggest ever collection of gaming exhibitors including first-timers Nintendo (E220) and Difuzed (E280) as well as Activision-Blizzard (D300), Sega (A281), Pokemon (D260), Capcom (C321), Ubisoft (B241), Bandai Namco (C202), Sybo Games (C302), Rovio (B140)
23. Don’t miss the return of the hugely popular panel led by Richard Pink focused on navigating the future of retail including a stellar line-up of speakers from Warner Bros, ASDA, The Point. 1888, Rubie’s & Fat Face in the License Global Theatre at 1.15pm on day two
24. Check out the BLE official matchmaking service and book your meetings in advance of attending the show – a must-do for any brand new visitors or exhibitors.
25. Visit Beyond the Book on stand D120 at 2pm on Wednesday for a Q&A with Charlotte Reed of May the Thoughts Be With You, and previous BLE License This! Winner
26. Looking to rest your weary feet? Head to the Interiors Café on stand F462 and get a sneak peek through the window (literally) of some fabulous room sets on display in Heritage x Interiors on stand F460.
27. Be prepared for the phenomenon that is Formula E coming to London ExCeL in 2020 by visiting their licensing agent, TSBA, on stand A380
28. Make sure you visit our largest collection of heritage brands ever including first-timers Yale University (B432), Royal Horticultural Society (B366), Style Library (D362) as well as the V&A, Natural History Museum, Royal Museums Greenwich, Van Gogh Museum, Science Museum and more…
29. Check out our big screen outside the entrance to ExCeL and our 17 digital screens running through the ExCeL boulevard for trailers, animations, designs & newly launched properties all being showcased at this year’s BLE
30. Looking to find out about the latest trends impacting retail? Visit the Retail Trends Lounge on stand A440 and hear sessions from IMRG, Trend Bible, The Insights People & more. Sessions open to non-retailers and full programme on the BLE website
31. Head over to the Novotel London ExCeL from 5pm on Wednesday for complimentary drinks at the Global Licensing Group Party. Meet the team behind BLE, Licensing Expo & License Global as well as the MDs from Licensing International’s chapters from around the world.
32. Visit the Art, Design & Image Zone through visitor entrance N5 for a collection of some of the finest art, galleries, imagery and design all primed for usage on your next licensing campaign
33. Use the BLE Matchmaking Service to book meetings with more than 65 first-time exhibitors including Difuzed, Sutikki, ZAG Studios, RSPCA, Boatrocker Studios, Royal Horticultural Society, Olympique de Marseille, Evolution, Hamsta World, Style Library, Lady Geraldine Designs, Rugby Australia, Sarah Lovell Art & Nintendo
34. Make sure you’ve booked your ticket for the Licensing International BLE Official Party at the Museum of Docklands on the Wednesday evening – tickets must be booked in advance through the Licensing International or BLE websites.
35. Discover how to make the most of video gaming and esports licensing with BLE’s unofficial gaming day on Thursday. Hear an amazing Tinderbox panel featuring Fashion & Microsoft, GfK tackle the “theatre of gaming in 2019” and our exclusive esports keynote , all starting from 10.15am in the License Global Theatre
36. Visit brands from across the world in our international pavilions: French pavilion situated opposite the License Global Theatre, Italian pavilion next to the BLE Café, Spanish pavilion on stand B320 and the Korean pavilion on B260.
37. Working in retail and don’t know where to start at BLE? Attend our free retailer breakfast briefings in the Bridge Café on the ExCeL boulevard each morning from 8am, visit the Retail Trends Lounge for bite-sized trends sessions , a place to relax and ask questions about the show and use our Matchmaking Concierge Service to guarantee meetings with your must-see brands.
38. Interested in becoming a Licensing International member? Visit stand C360 to meet the team.
39. Unlicensed brands will pitch live at the show – join the License This! Finale in the License Global Theatre on Thursday at 1pm to discover entirely new properties looking to enter the licensing industry
40. Last but not least, make the most of our brand-new home in East London by checking-out BLE’s after-hours programme on the BLE website including information on shopping, restaurants, bars and activities to suit every budget and requirement. Visit Westfield Stratford or the O2 London for the largest collection of luxury shops or places to eat.
BLE 2019 takes place at ExCeL London from 1-3 October 2019. Register for free at www.brandlicensing.eu/register-now
* © 2019 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and MODERN WARFARE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.
For media information:
Charlie Le Rougetel at BIGTOP, 07736 330676, firstname.lastname@example.org