Striker Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products each racked up a trio of wins at the 2017 LIMA International Licensing Awards, while Hot Topic was awarded Retailer of the Year for Suicide Squad™, marking the company’s second consecutive win in this category. Overall, winners in 20 categories were announced during LIMA’s annual Awards Ceremony, held during the 2017 Licensing Expo at Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas.
“This year’s Award winners represent world-class licensing programs and products from around our global industry,” said LIMA President Charles Riotto. “We are proud to recognize and honor the achievements of these companies – chosen from a record 461 submissions this year – for their impressive initiatives and outstanding results.”
The full list of LIMA’s 2017 International Licensing Awards winners follows:
• Art/Design: V&A – Victoria and Albert Museum
• Celebrity/Fashion: Open Hearts by Jane Seymour – Jane Seymour Designs/Licensing Matters Ltd.
• Character/Toy Brand: DC Super Hero Girls™ – Warner Bros. Consumer Products
• Corporate Brand: Girl Scouts of the USA – Girl Scouts of the USA/The Wildflower Group
• Digital: Five Nights at Freddy’s – Scottgames/Striker Entertainment
• Film/TV/Entertainment – Animated: PAW Patrol – Spin Master Ltd.
• Film/TV/Entertainment – Live-Action: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story™ – Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
• Food & Beverage/Restaurant: Corona – Constellation Brands/The Joester Loria Group
• Sports: NFLPA – NFLPA
• Licensed Promotion: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice™ & Turkish Airlines – Warner Bros. Consumer Products/Lisans A.S.
• Location-Based or Experiential Initiative: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™ at Universal Studios Hollywood – Warner Bros. Consumer Products
• Retailer: Hot Topic – Suicide Squad licensing program
• Apparel/Footwear/Accessories: Coach – Mickey & Minnie Mouse/Disney Coach Collection
• Appliances/Automotive/Electronics/Hardware/Housewares/Paint: Select Brands – Disney/Pixar – Pixar Collection Slow Cooker
• Digital: NextGames – AMC’s The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land Mobile Game
• Food/Beverage (Tie!): Finsbury Foods – Shopkins Cupcake Queen Cake; The J.M. Smucker Company – Pillsbury™ Girl Scout Cookie™ Inspired Baking Mixes
• Health & Beauty Aids: Clinique – Crayola Limited Edition Chubby Stick Lip Balm
• Home Décor: Jay Franco & Sons, LLC – Star Wars Back-to-College & Adult Bedding
• Publishing/Social Expression/Back-to-School: Scholastic Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes – Novel from Scholastic
• Toys/Games/Novelties/Role-Play: Mattel – DC Super Hero Girls Action Figures